Cherry Creek School District's Extended Child Services (ECS) is excited to announce that the Before & After School Programs have partnered with Qualistar Colorado to be the very first school-age programs in Colorado to complete their emerging school-age child care rating system.
The Qualistar Rating™ is Colorado's Quality Rating System (QRS) that measures the quality of child care programs on a 5-Star scale. The intent of the Qualistar Rating™ is to give licensed programs a measurement of quality, and recommendations on how to improve the quality of the care they provide. They look at the learning environment, family partnerships, staff training and education, adult-to-child ratios, group sizes and accreditation.
The Qualistar Rating™ will impact our programs in Cherry Creek School District by:
- Creating consistent quality of programs district-wide.
- Supporting employee training and continual improvement.
- Reinforcing commitment to quality and leadership.
- Reinforcing families' awareness of commitment to providing quality child care.
- Marketing these programs to the community.
- Helping parents make more informed choices on the type of care they would like for their child.
Click here to read more about Cherry Creek School District Before & After School Programs earning the Qualistar designation.
For more information about Qualistar Colorado, please visit their website, http://www.qualistar.org/the-qualistar-rating-quality-assessment.html