The Cherry Creek School District is seeking nominations of exemplary individuals and groups who have left a lasting legacy in their dedication and commitment to excellence in the district for induction into the Legacy Stadium Educational Leadership Wall of Fame.
Those chosen for the honor will have demonstrated a tangible positive impact on the Cherry Creek School District as a whole and as distinguished from impact on other school districts. The honoree(s) contributions must demonstrate more than a “brief burst of brilliance,” must stand the test of time, and leave a lasting legacy. Accordingly, except in cases of obvious legacy, recipients shall not be honored prior to two years following final termination of formalized service to the school district.
Efforts of nominees must have revolved around the district’s mission “To inspire every student to think, to learn, to achieve, to care.” Specifically, nominees must be individuals or groups who demonstrate some or all of the following:
• Capture the “spirit of excellence” that permeates the district
• Demonstrate effective and inspirational leadership
• Demonstrate and encourage creativity, innovation and best practices
• Foster cooperation between the district and the community
• Maintain a continuing dialogue with students and parents as well as faculty and staff
• Keep abreast of developments in the field of education
• Encourage team spirit and unity
• Exemplify commitment to the vision and mission of the district
Past Legacy Wall of Fame inductees are former Superintendents Richard Koeppe, Robert Tschirki and Monte Moses, as well as educator George Mansfield and community volunteer Robin Thorsen.
Eligible categories of recipients and required length of service include:
• District level administrators - 10 years
• School level administrators - 10 years
• Board of Education members -10 years, including other volunteer service or employment
• Community volunteers -10 years
• Legislator (member of the Colorado General Assembly or United States Congress for eight years, plus other volunteer service or employment)
• Teachers - 20 years
• Classified personnel - 20 years
• Members of committees, boards, organizations or groups, etc. (five years)
• Other categories (may be considered)
Nominations must include:
• No more than five significant and substantive letters of support by individuals, including the person making the nomination
• A career summary
• A description of contributions in one or more of the nomination criteria described above
A committee consisting of the current president of the Cherry Creek School District Board of Education, a member of the district’s leadership team as designated by the superintendent, a past member of the Board of Education, and two at-large positions will select nominations to be forwarded to the Board of Education for consideration. The board will announce its decision no later than March 1 each year.
Legacy nomination form available here.
Nominations must be received no later than October 15, 2011. Please mail to:
The Wall of Fame Award Committee
c/o Bobbie McIntire
Educational Services Center
4700 S. Yosemite St.
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org